Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Post - Finally!!!

I've been talking about posting a blog for quite some time now...always acutely aware that I have no "spare" time to be blogging. However, I have come to the realization that I need to be writing, charting, documenting, sharing, blogging my journey. Mostly, to hold myself accountable. Read on...

This Christmas I asked for one thing from my husband. Well, two-in-one. I asked him to support my desire to try hCG treatments to attempt to reset my hypothalamus. One, I asked him to support me emotionally with more encouragement than what might come naturally. And two, I asked for his financial support. He gave me both in the best card he's ever given. I was excited, amazed, somewhat stunned and truly encouraged.

I called Natural Health Technologies (where I was already a patient) and scheduled my appointment for the first available date: Tuesday, December 30. Since then, I have lost 28 pounds, gained back 5, lost 1 and have now re-entered Phase II. I feel better than I have since I was about twelve and most of my cravings for sugar are gone. I am even Motrin-free and fairly friendly for the second menstruation in a row! That is nearly miraculous. My skin is clear, my energy is way up and my irritability is way down. This will all make sense to you once you've read the chronicle of my journey.

Interested in learning more? Check back tomorrow night and I will take you through the first two weeks.

Oh, and are you wondering why I call this "Lessons From the Sandbox"? This title was given to me many years ago from my Aunt Cynthia when she encouraged me to write a book about all the problem solving skills we learn and funny sayings we hear by observing children at play, especially in the sandbox. I've been working on the book for more than ten years now. I've kept the title and the dream. Maybe one day there will actually be a book. Until then, there's a blog.

3 comments:

Shara Kaestner said...

Thanks for sharing Aleida. You have such a way with words! Im so happy to hear about your success with this!

aleida.b said...

Thanks, Shara! I miss you, my sweet friend!

Margie G said...

Wow Aleida...you look fabulos. It was great to see you at church last week. since we do not run into eachother very often..I really notice the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Where are you going for this particular weight loss plan?? I would love to hear more.

God Bless,
Margie